This is my final recipe for my ode to limes, at least for now. I started making this pie in a bakery I worked in & it is so ridiculously easy & delicious. I like my lime to stand out in recipes, so I adjusted the recipe to make it more robust. With whipped cream on top, this pie is heavenly!!!
Recipe by: Amber (Dessert Now, Dinner Later!)
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 pkg graham crackers (9 grahams)
- 6 Tbsp melted butter
- 2-12oz cans condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lime zest (from 1-2 limes)
- 3/4 cup lime juice (3-4 juicy limes)
- Preheat oven to 350*F. In a food processor, crush graham crackers until they resemble fine crumbs (love my Ninja for this.) Melt butter & add to crumbs. Press evenly in the bottom of a pie dish. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, just before crust is done, combine all filling ingredients with a whisk until well blended & thick. Pour into hot crust & bake an additional 10-12 minutes until filling is solid when jiggled in the pan.
- Let cool completely. Keep refrigerated. Serve with whipped topping.