This is one of those recipes that most people who use a slow cooker, already know because it is so good & so simple. There are several spin off versions & this is the one we use & love. You can also change the italian flavors with a ranch packet, & it still tastes just as good. Serve on your choice of rice or pasta. Love this recipe!
Crockpot Italian Chicken
Recipe by: Amber (Dessert Now, Dinner Later!)
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 1-8oz pkg Neufchatel Cream Cheese
- 1-10.5oz can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 can of skim milk (use your soup can to measure this)
- 2 Tbsp of homemade Italian Seasoning Dressing Mix (*Recipe to follow)
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave until warm, & spreadable (1-2 minutes.) Combine cream cheese, cream of chicken soup & skim milk in a crockpot. Whisk until smooth.
- Add Italian Dressing Mix & then place chicken breasts into sauce covering chicken thoroughly. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve on rice or pasta (We like rice, but bowtie pasta is also very fun & delicious.)
*Italian Seasoning Dressing Mix
Recipe from Deals to Meals & adored by: Amber (Dessert Now, Dinner Later!)
- 2 T. garlic salt or powder
- 2 T. dried minced onion
- 2 T. sugar
- 4 T. dried oregano
- 2 t. black pepper
- 1 t. dried thyme
- 2 t. dried basil
- 2 T. dried parsley
- 1/2 t. celery salt
- 4 T. salt
- 1/2 t. paprika
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Store in a cool, dry place.