Easy Pizza Crust
Recipe from: Amber (Dessert Now, Dinner Later!)
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 Tbsp yeast
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast with sugar in warm water. Let sit until bubbly (5 min.)
- Add extra virgin olive oil, salt & flour to the yeast mixture. Mix with a spoon giving it about 50 good stirs until it balls up & does not stick to the bowl, sprinkling dough with extra flour as necessary. Take dough out of bowl. Spray the inside with pan-coating & put dough back inside the bowl. Cover with a towel & let the dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Once dough has rested, & risen about double the size, roll out onto prepared pizza tray (grease tray with spray.) Cover with towel & let rest again for 10-15 minutes. The longer you let it rest the softer it will be.
- Preheat oven to 425*F. Bake crust for 5-7 minutes to create a dry, semi-cooked layer over the top.
- Top pizza with desired sauce, cheese & toppings.
- Return pizza to oven for an additional 11-12 minutes or until crust is browned & cheese bubbles.
|Pre-baked crust will puff up a bit|
& be dry to the touch