Lemon Cream Crumb Bars
Recipe from Pioneer Woman & adored by: Amber (Dessert Now, Dinner Later!)
- 1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup oats
- 1-14oz can sweetened condensed milk or 1 recipe homemade condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Cream butter & sugar.
- Sift flour, salt, & baking powder.
- Add oats & flour mixture to butter/sugar mixture & combine. Make sure there are no butter chunks.
- Press 1/2-3/4 mixture on the bottom of an 8x11 (not 9x13) pan (there is a TON of crumb mixture, so I would recommend more than half pressed on the bottom b/c it gets messy with a lot on the top.)
- Mix together the condensed milk, lemon juice, & zest. Spread onto the bottom layer of the crumb mixture.
- Knead the remaining crumb mixture with hands, & crumble on the top of the lemon layer, but don't press down or you can ruin your lemon filling.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow pan to rest for 30 minutes before cutting/serving. Delicious served cold from the fridge!