I don't make these very often at home for just my family because the recipe makes a ton! They are perfect to bring to a large gathering of sorts: family reunions, get-togethers, church activities, etc. Everybody loves these & they are so easy to put together.
I even brought the recipe to work & made these, when I was working in a bakery a couple years back, & it became a regular item we sold out of the bakery from then on out. Everybody loves a good peanut butter bar! Chewy, nutty, chocolatey goodness!
Peanut Butter Fingers
Recipe by: Amber (Dessert Now, Dinner Later!)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, very soft
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 4 Tbsp baking cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- For the bars: In a stand mixer cream butter with sugars until light & fluffy. Add vanilla & eggs & blend. Add peanut butter & mix thoroughly. Scrape bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, oats, baking soda & salt. Slowly add to moist ingredients in mixer. Mix until it just comes together. Make sure to scrape the bottom & mix again. The mixture should be moist, but crumbly.
- Spread/press onto a 10x15" jelly-roll pan, can use a rolling pin to even everything out (might need to lightly flour it first.)
- Bake at 350*F for 12-15 minutes, just long enough to cook it. Don't over-bake or you will dry it out. Let rest 3 minutes.
- While bars are still warm, spread a layer of peanut butter over the top (about 1 cup). Let the peanut butter dry on top.
- Mix frosting: combine butter, vanilla, milk, cocoa, & powdered sugar in a bowl with a hand mixer. Blend until thick & creamy. Spread frosting over the top of the peanut butter layer of your bars. Cut bars the desired size & serve.