I always love finding recipes to use up over-ripe bananas. This one is AMAZING!!! Soft, fluffy, moist cake paired with sweet cream cheese frosting. I am not going to lie, I had like 3 (or 4) pieces, but it was worth it! Make these soon!
Frosted Banana Bars
Recipe from AllRecipes & adored by: Amber (Dessert Now, Dinner Later!)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup bananas, mashed (about 3 small/medium bananas)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a stand mixer, cream butter with sugar until light & fluffy. Scrape bowl. Add eggs, sour cream, vanilla, & mashed bananas. Scrape bowl.
- Combine flour, baking soda, & salt & slowly add to mixture. Mix until just blended.
- Spread light fluffy mixture onto a 10x15" jelly-roll pan that has been lightly greased.
- Bake at 350*F for 20-25 minutes or until cake springs back when touched & is starting to brown on the top.
- Frost with favorite cream cheese icing. Makes 24-32 bars depending on how big you cut them.
Recipe by: Amber (Dessert Now, Dinner Later!)
- 1-8oz pkg cream cheese
- 5 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Beat cream cheese with butter until light & fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar all at once until just mixed. Spread over cooled banana bars. Keep the tip of your spatula down, don't lift up or you might pull up cake with it & leave crumbs in your icing. Enjoy!